WORKSHOPS AT GRAPHQL GLOBAL SUMMIT
Workshops will be run remotely via Zoom.
8-hour workshops can be purchased separately. 3-hour workshops are available for full-access ticket holders only.
Workshops are targeted both at GraphQL newbies and hardcore fans. Take full advantage of your remote conference experience and get training from our best speakers and trainers.
GraphQL APIs - From Zero to Production
GraphQL is an excellent technology to model the data of a system and expose it in a very flexible way. It enables product teams to compose data requirements on the client and efficiently query APIs. However, this new paradigm also brings new concerns and potential issues on the server-side. In this workshop, you will learn how to effectively migrate REST APIs to GraphQL avoiding common pitfalls.
- - I - Thinking in GraphQL, and GraphQL Specs.
- - I.I Thinking in GraphQL
- - I.I.I Switching from REST to GraphQL
- - What GraphQL is and what it is not
- - Advantages of GraphQL over REST
- - I.I.II Schema fundamentals
- - Schema Definition Language (SDL)
- - Types and Fields
- - Queries and Mutations
- - I.II GraphQL API
- - Query validation and execution
- - Resolvers
- - Rapid GraphQL development with mocked data
- - I.III GraphQL schema and specs
- - Schemas and Types
- - SDL-first Vs code-first
- - Execution context
- - Types: Scalar Types, Enumeration Types, Input Types, Interfaces, Inline Fragments
- - I. IV GraphQL specifications
- - The GraphQL spec
- - Should my API comply with other GraphQL specifications?
- - GraphQL Cursor Connections Specification
- - Global Object Identification
Dates - December 3-4. Remote.
GraphQL - Beyond the Basics
So you got GraphQL working and enjoying querying your data graph. That’s great, but the real power of GraphQL comes when you use it at scale. Then you can leverage many tools and characteristics that could effect your applications in a profound way. In this workshop I would show you powerful tools and many use cases in production in which we leveraged those tools.
- - Efficient team workflow - How to work together on a shared graph
- - Dealing efficiently with backend sources we don’t control
- - Keeping complete Type-safety on the backend and frontend
- - Using GraphQL to query legacy sources (REST, gRPC, SOAP, etc)
- - New versioning paradigm in GraphQL - supporting multiple frontend apps
- - Finding your GraphQL performance bottlenecks easily
- - Monitoring your GraphQL server using your existing infrastructure
For developers who have already basic skills in GraphQL and system architects.
Date - December 9-10. Remote.
- Modern training course from the first class industry experts
- Small sized groups for maximum individual reach
- A focus on practical exercises, so you'll learn by doing
- Our friendly team on hand to answer your questions
Whether you're looking for skills to help you level up at work, get a promotion, or make yourself more competitive on the job market, our full-day and 3-hour workshops taught by the industry experts are tailored to get you there. Skyrocketing frameworks will make you a developer in demand. Release full potential of the technology to discover new exciting career opportunities!
Investing just 8 hours into your employees' development can result in a sufficient performance improvement. Let's say, 10 of your engineers attend a full-day workshop. In the next year, they will put in approximately 20,000 hours of work for your company. If after the workshop their performance improves by only 1%, your organization in return will gain 200 hours of work. Impressive outcome after one training day only!